South Florida Start Up LevelRE Plans To Disrupt the Real Estate Industry
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–LevelRE, a new real estate technology and service platform aimed at disrupting the way people buy and sell real estate, goes live today nationally. It is the first online full-service brokerage with regional presence throughout the country that enables buyers and sellers to manage and control the home sales process while saving thousands of dollars.
“LevelRE removes friction from the process of buying and selling, giving control to customers and adding transparency to a process that’s needlessly complex. LevelRE is basically doing for real estate what Expedia and Travelocity did for airline ticketing.”
The company offers its own listings and aggregates listings from all major online services on its site, levelre.com. Its proprietary technology simplifies and enhances the real estate process by giving customers the ability to list, price, search, bid, and negotiate in real-time from their laptop, desktop, tablet or smartphone, all with the assistance of licensed real estate agents and professional support staff.
“LevelRE aims to change the traditional process and commission structure Americans have grown accustomed to when they buy and sell their homes,” states CEO Todd Siegel, a long-time real estate broker, lawyer and CPA. “This is most Americans’ largest lifetime investment and we see real value in helping home buyers and sellers save money by using cutting-edge technology to streamline the process.”
Traditionally, sellers pay 3 percent to list their home with an agent. They also pay 3 percent to the agent that successfully brings them a buyer, totaling 6 percent of the sale price. In some cases, if the mortgage balance is high, the real estate agent can actually walk away with more money than the homeowner. LevelRE is designed to reduce the commission expense of sellers, incentivize buyers, and enable both to maximize their profit.
LevelRE is not a do-it-yourself or discount service. It is a full service licensed real estate brokerage available to 90 percent of the US population. By decoupling the individual pieces associated with buying and selling, customers only pay for what they actually need. Using LevelRE, homeowners can sell their homes paying only a 1 percent commission, and buyers can receive a 1 percent rebate, netting as much as 80 percent in savings over traditional brokerages.
Brian Solis, digital analyst and best-selling author notes, “LevelRE removes friction from the process of buying and selling, giving control to customers and adding transparency to a process that’s needlessly complex. LevelRE is basically doing for real estate what Expedia and Travelocity did for airline ticketing.”
LevelRE’s licensed agents and expert support staff are available online and by phone to help users navigate all aspects of the home purchase process. Local agents and agent partners are also available.
“In addition to the value we provide our customers,” continues CEO Siegel. “LevelRE also offers premiums to buyer’s agents as well as attractive packages combining salary, benefits, and commissions to agents that want to join the LevelRE revolution.”
The company is backed by CrunchFire Ventures and the Miami Innovation Fund. In addition to industry veteran Todd Siegel, the founding team is also led by Franc Nemanic, Vice President of Business Development, and Steve Repetti, Chief Technology Officer. Both are actively involved in the company and bring a wealth of experience to the LevelRE team. Nemanic has more than 20 years of experience expanding businesses through technology; he previously founded Hostopia, an Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Company, which ultimately led to a successful IPO and an all-cash exit of more than $120M. Repetti has more than 25 years’ experience as an investor, inventor and technology executive. His products have been featured in PC Week, PC Magazine, TechCrunch, ZDNet and Mashable.
LevelRE’s technology and process is redefining the way real estate is transacted and strives to provide the best customer experience and value proposition available for homeowners everywhere. LevelRE is the first online full-service brokerage with regional presence throughout the country designed to save its customers thousands.
The privately-held company was founded in late 2011, secured venture funding in 2013, and exited stealth-mode after completing its beta program in August 2014. The company launched nationally on September 23, 2014.
LevelRE is based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and its lead investors include CrunchFire Ventures and the Miami Innovation Fund. To learn more about the company, please visit: www.levelre.com.